Monday, October 15, 2012

Pumpkin Patch Date Night


I wanted to go Pumpkin Picking on Friday…Thursday night when I went upstairs Ralph was already asleep…how was I going to tell him, should I wake him? I decided to let him sleep but thought I would tell him in a different way….

 I printed these off and attached them to his Favorite Orange Tic Tacs. I put them in his Jacket pocket. He found them Friday morning when he went to pay for his Coffee. Ralph said they made him smile…He said as soon as he saw them he couldn’t possibly tell me no. Friday as soon as we got home from work headed to the Pumpkin Patch and picked four pumpkins. It’s too soon to carve them so we decorated them! The whole night surrounded a "Pumpkin" Theme! We had Pumpkin and Squash Chicken Dinner. I baked two Pumpkin Loafs from scratch and we even watched a spooky movie. I really didn't even need to have my fall Yankee candles burning, my house was engulfed with the beautiful aroma of nutmeg, cinnamon and pumpkin.  We were certainly in the fall spirit. 


The first one I made a Monogram Pumpkin and put a Big V on the front. I have tons of buttons that I saved for future crafts and hot glued them to our pumpkin. For the second big pumpkin I decided to put the number 28 (That’s the number of our house) I think it looks super cute next to our mailbox.
          It took Ralph two hours to blow all the leaves in our yard...Here he is in the final corner....Crazy to look out the window and see the yard covered again...I guess he will be busy this weekend too ;)

I have yet downloaded the pictures from Ralphs iphone so this is all we have for picture thus far…maybe this weekend we will take some fall pictures :o) 
                                                     Joshy thought they were for him!! Although I did make some Pumpkin Cookies for my pup's too!! Monday is Here...Looking forward to the week ahead!! 

                                            We even had Homemade Frozen Pumpkin Yogurt!!  
Homemade Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt
1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt, strained
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Mix everything together in a large mixing bowl until completely combined. Churn the mixture in an ice cream maker for a few minutes until it is a smooth, cool consistency. Alternatively, place the bowl in the freezer and stir mixture every half hour until it reaches desired consistency.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...