Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Trays

We recently found out we are Having a BABY GIRL!!! So I joined Top Baby Blogs and would be over the Moon if you would take two seconds, (Really just TWO I promise) by clicking the link below then clicking the First Owl!! You are Awesome!! Thank You, Hope you enjoy the Spring Trays!! :) 


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

I love to Entertain and I have a HUGE love for serving platters!! I wanted to create something Fun and Spring like for my next batch of Cupcakes (which will be Super Cute so get your cupcake pans out!) I had a few cans of spray paint in the basement and a couple of Flower buckets that would be perfect for Pops. So I was left with Trays to build....I headed to the Dollar Store and purchased 6 platters and 4 candle holders for a Grand total of $10 dollars! I cant believe that I was able to have Two 3 trier serving platters and 3 Decorative Buckets that all fit the Spring Theme for only $10 DOLLARS!! What's even better is if you are bringing a Dish or dessert to a friends house for a get together, party or BBQ you wont feel like you need to get your dishes back and I'm sure your Host will be Super excited to get a Wicked Cute Serving platter...which literally only cost you a few dollars!! Plus if you have someone who is a good painter...Hi Ryan ;) (that's my brother) They can paint "Themed" ideas onto your platters. Talk about a real conversation starter when you have custom hand crafted serving trays at your event!! I have a couple ideas in mind for my next batch of trays..... :o) But take a look at My Spring/Summer Trays for the Happy warm days to come....


All the serving platters spray painted well...The yellow did take two coats but literally dried in 8 minutes!! Once they were all dry I took them inside and put four marks on the center of the trays and placed a little hot glue on the candle holders!!

I thought it was Pretty exciting that they Matched my Painting in the Dinning Room too!! :o)






You can get recent Blog updates through Pinterest HERE!!

Need to pick up a few other colors of Spray paint....Then on the hunt for PineCones...This is the centerpiece I want to put my Spring Platters around...Planning on making three pine-cone centerpieces. 



13 comments:

Rosa said...

What kind of spray paint should I use? Are those platters plastic?

Sarah with an h said...

Hi Rosa, I just used some spray paint I had in my Basement (I purchased it at Home Depot awhile back)I think around $4 dollars a can. I'm sure any kind would work :o) The platters I bought from the dollar tree are plastic and I also did use some old white plates that I had as well (for the yellow ones)The Plastic ones definitely worked better than the plates:o)

calamitypam said...

I did this as well but when I spray painted my candleholders, they came out with a really rough finish. Not smooth and shiny. What did I do wrong???

Sarah with an h said...

Hmmmm...I'm wondering if it may have been your spray paint. I did try to do this for a holiday party and used a different brand spray paint in Gold and it did not adhere to the Glass Candle holders well at all!! I needed three coats and even then they looked "clumpy." Hope that helps :o)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great idea, and keeping some money in my pocket for other wants/needs! I love displaying all the little treats & cupcakes, etc. but only have one cake pedestal currently. I've been looking for additional ones, and ones with multiple tiers. By the time I got a few for the festive table for my daughter's birthday Mad Hatter tea party, I would have probably spent over $100 and been super bummed if a youngin accidentally knocked it over, dinged it, you never know.... I believe the class dome on my other pedestal was actually broken by my boyfriend. hmph. Thanks again!

Sarah with an h said...

You are so welcome Erica!! :) ha and I hear ya. ;)

Unknown said...

About how many cupcakes do the 3 tier hold? I plan on trying this for my sons birthday party coming up :)thanks for the great idea!

Sarah with an h said...

Thank you Heather :) I could fit 7 around the bottom an middle and about 10 on the top :)

Unknown said...

Thanks! I am excited.. just picked up the stuff to make them today!

Anonymous said...

I was curious if you used a clear coat on them at all . I want to make some but switch it up a bit for a Pirate themed birthday party but i am not sure if i need to grab a clear coat for them or not .

Sarah with an h said...

I didn't. I did it the cheap easy way. Although they say you should spray it with a clear coat of a certain "food safe" protector but I wasn't putting food directly on the spray painted part because all the up cakes had wrappers on them. I think you could get away with no clear coat if you do it that way :) hope that helps. Pirate themed parties are so cute, have fun!!!! :) -Sarah with an H

rainbeaux said...

We are so doing these for my nieces Paris themed party! Those Eiffel Tower. Up cakes are going to be so cute on the display! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Dash Tray is the company providing the best Couch tray table services in United States. Dash Tray is unique in that it is both robust enough to hold your belongings while still being extremely light. Dash Tray is foldable, just like other Tray Tables, but in a different way: it's so portable that you can fold it into a box and take it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...