Happy St.Patty's Day Y'all!!!!!
Ralph and I are not Irish nor are we fans of Boiled Dinners...Especially Corned Beef and Cabbage...In Fact the very thought of it makes me and him gag! I still wanted to do something festive and "Green" I love to celebrate Every Holiday!! So tonight we will be having a pasta and chicken dish...Take a peek.
Cilantro Green Chile Penne
- cooked penne pasta- 1 lb
- cilantro- 1 bundle
- diced green chiles- 3 7oz. cans DO NOT DRAIN
- queso fresco cheese- 1 round
- boil pasta in salted water, drain and return to pan
- pull leaves from cilantro and place in blender
- add green chiles with juices to blender
- add about 3/4 of cheese to blender
- blend together on medium speed until sauce forms, but do not over-blend
- pour sauce over cooked penne and heat until bubbly, just a few minutes
- serve garnished with remaining crumbled cheese