Saturday, March 10, 2012

Hair Chalking


We recently found out we are Having a BABY GIRL!!! So I joined Top Baby Blogs and would be over the Moon if you would take two seconds, (Really just TWO I promise) by clicking the link below then clicking the first Owl!! You are Awesome!! Thank You, Hope you enjoy Hair Chalking :) 


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

I have always wanted to do different things with my hair although I NEVER have!! I have Very Blonde hair and the thought of putting any color in it scares me because my hair is very porous and will literally suck in the color…my fear is not getting my Blonde back! I’ve wanted to do funky things with my hair more than ever but now I’m not so much in the beauty industry where I had the ability at the time to do it and get away with it. I’m back in school and will be entering the professional world as a Teacher. I want to be taken seriously as a professional but know that walking in with pinks, blues and purples in my hair is not going to land me the job or the pay I want.
My solution…. HAIR CHALKING!!!!!! 
Pinning Welcomed!!! :o)


You may or may not have heard of it…It’s typically seen out on the West Coast so I’m sure it will be making its way East soon! Trends seem to wave up, so here you have it! Hair Chalking 101!! It’s Temporary and last a day or two….Perfect for someone whom needs to maintain a professional appearance Monday morning or if you change your style often. Hair Chalking is CHEAP!! You can buy a whole set of “soft Pastels” for 11 dollars at ACMoore or Michaels and if you wait till Sunday you can use a 50% off coupon and get it for like $5 dollars like I did!! It gives you the ability to try new colors and if you don’t like it you can just hop in the shower and try again!! 

Tips:
DON’T wet your hair if you have light colored hair (unless you want it to last longer than 1 or 2 days) Once it gets wet it turns it into more of a dye. 

For those of you with dark hair you need to wet the hair first, then chalk. For a more vibrant color…wet your hair. Chalk with WHITE, let dry a little maybe a minute then apply the color chalk you want. You don’t need to do white, but the white does act like a primer. If you don't use white first know that your second color won’t be as Vibrant. 

The key to locking in the color is Heat, so turn on those flat irons and curlers and get started.
Wear gloves as it will get messy…I had my mom do it but you can do it on your own. 

                                         A small Clip Of my Mom Doing Hair Chalking on Me. 

You can follow up on my new posts, DIY Projects and recipes by clicking Subscribe to your left on my Blog. You can also Follow me on PINTEREST, that's where you can usually find me and I'd love to see you there!

 A Little Sneak Peak of My Bathroom....Seriously Obsessed with my Shower Curtain!! :o)


Get Creative…remember this is Temporary so Have Fun and Play with the Colors!!!! 


Here’s what you’ll need:
Soft pastel chalk ***Do NOT buy oil pastels it will stain everything you own!**
Gloves
Spray bottle filled with water **ONLY if you have Dark Hair, Blonde's DONT use water :o)
Curling iron or straightening iron













DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT My Magnetic Make-Up & Pedicure Boards!!!! Learn how to Make them HERE!!

 
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...