Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dog Bed


 The past few days I have Moved the Dog bed from the Living room to the Sun porch probably 30 times!! I have finally decided that the dogs need another bed…They have a Tempura Foam bed upstairs ($100 from petco) and the same one down stairs….Not to mention their “Fancy” beds that they just don’t use…But look super cute in the house!! We have spent hundreds of dollars on dog beds and really they don’t last!! My dogs love to un-stuff their animals and at times un-stuff their beds. I wanted a bed that will last, is comfy and doesn’t cost a lot of money!! 

I was on the phone with my girlfriend that has a baby/toddler and said she has finally out grown her crib and is moving on to a “big” girl bed…then she said do we know anyone that needs a crib… It finally hit me…..I NEED ONE!!!! How perfect would a baby crib mattress be for my two dog and if you can put your brand new newborn on it, it is certainly good enough for my little “Babies.” I picked it up an hour ago, stopped at Jo Ann Fabrics…Used my coupon and bought the Cutest Dog Bone Print ultra-plush fabric and walked out the door spending $4 dollars!!! Seriously $4 DOLLARS for a new dog bed….I’m elated!! All I did was lie the fabric down, laid the crib mattress on top, cut little stripes of the blue fabric “My Stitches” and literally just sewed up the blanket with knots. It is so secure on there and so EASY to remove to throw in the washing machine. I just untie two of the stiches and pull the Crib wrap off!! 

I always see people getting rid of crib mattresses; you could most likely score one for free, print off a coupon online for your local fabric store and buy two yards of any print you like…. BOOM a FOUR Dollar Dog Bed!!!!! 







                                            :o)

13 comments:

Marelis said...

Brilliant. I promised my boyfriend that I would make his huge dobie/shepherd mix a new bed and I was expecting to pay over $50 to stuff it. I just checked freecycle and found a toddler mattress. Score!

Sarah with an h said...

Marelis- That's Awesome!!! Let me know how it turns out!! :o) *Sarah

Unknown said...

Your dogs obviously love it! It’s very efficient and resourceful of you to recycle the baby mattress and turn it into a dog’s bed. It’s comfortable and spacious for the two of them. I love the last photo; it’s like he’s saying “You’re the best, Mommy.” ;-) This is a great idea to save money, and it promotes recycling at the same time. Thanks for sharing.

Ellan Lima

Scruffs said...

That looks really cute! And yes, your pets like your dog beds so much. Nevertheless, thanks for sharing these money-saving tips. :)

Sarah with an h said...

Thank you :) yes they love it :)

Anonymous said...

i am totally doing this i just found this and my friend agreed to give me her toddler mattress. this is perfect for my living room or dining room it can go right in the corner.

Tamtam92 said...

How much material did you use, and how did you put the holes in the fabric without worrying about it unraveling?

David Williams said...

Nice Post!

I have bought a dog bed for my jimmy. I have bought this large dog bed after searching many websites. And finally, I got this at an affordable price.

Milari Organics said...

Thanks for sharing, This is really useful for our baby.
Baby mattresses at affordable prices
Cot Mattress
Buy baby cot mattress Australia
Baby cot mattress

Lenghthpets said...

Thanks for sharing this post with us. Every pet need a warm,soft and and a safe bed to sleep well. You can buy a comfortable bed for your pet store from dog bed manufacturer.

Laura Solis said...

Great job!! Beautiful room. Looks fantastic.Bamboo Mattress

Anonymous said...

very nice Best dog beds

Anonymous said...

Good to see such a nice Information Best Floral Flower Collars in the USA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...