Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pancake Pops



PANCAKE POPS

In our house we have Pancakes every Sunday…we LOVE pancakes. I have tried a million different variations of Pancakes but wanted to try something fun. We recently had Ralphs nephew sleep over whom is one…I wanted to do something fun with the Pancakes that I thought he would enjoy….PANCAKE POPS was a Huge hit!!! I have a Love for these Little White sticks…I have made almost anything on them, Yogurt Pops, Mini Apple Pie Pops, Cake Pops, Brownie Pops even scrambled egg pop (Yuck, not so great!) HAHAHA so you can see I have really been playing around with different things to do with them. You can purchase a bag of 100 for only a few dollars.  Even as an Adult I loved the how Yummy these bite sized circles of pancakes were, dipping them in syrup was fun. We will definitely be having these again. Here’s how to make Pancake Pops….


Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup organic skim milk
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1 cup all-purpose wheat flour
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 organic egg
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted or I use Flax Seeds if I have them.
  • cooking spray
  • Sticks for the Pancake Pops (I bought mine at a local craft store for $3) 



Directions
  1. Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".
  2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into "soured" milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
  3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1 table spoon of batter onto the skillet and gently place stick in the middle, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side. I’ve made them bigger than bite size and it does work….just don’t go to big or your Pop stick will not hold up the pancake and it will just flop over! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...