Thursday, May 24, 2012

Oatmeal on the Run

Oatmeal on the Run

        I’m so sick of the saying “America Runs On Dunkin” Since when did it become a fad to not cook at home…When did Home Cooked meals become replaced with chain foods for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner!! Not in this House…Although I can’t say we never have picked up a Pizza or Take-Out because we have. But I do Love to cook and believe Home Cooking is Better Cooking…

      You never know what is going on in someone else’s kitchen or who the people even are that are making it…I’m big on cleanliness so from time to time I will write off a restaurant and never return when I see dirt and grime *Yuck! Ralph and I are busy people and Mornings in our house hold during the week seem non-existent. We are up and out of our house, sometimes never stepping foot in the kitchen. 

If I had the luxury of more time in the morning I would without a doubt make myself some oatmeal and relax. I LOVE OATMEAL and so does Ralph!!

 It’s a healthy Yummy breakfast that really does keep you full until lunch! The solution is here…. Baked Oatmeal on the Run. Slogan coming soon “AMERICA RUNS ON HOMEMADE OATMEAL” Do you think it will catch? Or “Repin” rather hehe ;) 


Here you have it…..

SARAH with an H’s Baked Oatmeal on the Go
  •  3 cups rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup soy milk
  • 2 Organic eggs
  • 1/2 cup Apple Sauce
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup Raisins
  • 1 banana smashed 
Mix all dry ingredients then and liquid ingredients....Bake for 20 min. on 350* Easy!

The Best Part about it....Because they are individual servings you can put your favorite Topping on top!!! I love chocolate but Ralph Loves Almonds and Nuts. You can add literally what ever you want...I also did some with crunchy granola and coconut YUM! The possibilities are endless!! I'm still working on the Recipe and will probably update it more as I play with different ideas and ingredients...If you have a Baked Oatmeal Recipe that you would like to share...Please Comment Below...Would love to Hear it!!! :o) 

I'd love for you to follow up on my new posts, DIY Projects and recipes by clicking Subscribe to your left on my Blog. You can also find me on PINTEREST, that's where you can usually find me and I'd love to see you there!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...