Thursday, August 9, 2012

Roof Top Dinner Date


The other night was BEAUTIFUL out!! The whole day was really hot, but around 7pm it really started to cool off. There was a nice summer breeze and I wanted to eat dinner outside. I thought some simple Gorgonzola Cheeseburger with Asparagus would be perfect. I made them before and Ralph really loved them. They are so quick and easy to make. We recently got our LL Bean sleeping bags in the mail (we do not camp) although we may someday so they are nice to have. I decided a “ROOF TOP” Date was definitely in order! We have never done anything like this but jokingly said one day that our rooftop over our sun porch is so flat and big we could put a table and chairs out there ;) Of course we never would but both got a big laugh out of it. I didn’t tell Ralph what I was up too and set up the sleeping bags, two mini buckets with water on ice on each side. A pretty lantern with a candle inside and propped my iPad up for music. Next; leading Ralph upstairs with our food and him not having a clue what we were doing! As he made his way upstairs he couldn’t believe where we would be eating. Once we got out there is was SO NICE!! Looking over our backyard and into the woods on a nice summer night was Magical!! There are no neighbors that could see us so it was nice and private…and Romantic! 
 It’s nice to step outside of the box every now and again, it keeps things spicy! I also printed out a Summer Astronomy Chart: Print a Copy for yourself too :o) 
 Next time he should plan it and Name a Star After me.... wishful thinking hahaha Probably Not going to happen ;) But a Girl can dream right?!?

Being able to watch the Sun go down and the stars at Night was so nice!


Gorgonzola Cheeseburger with Asparagus, These are mini burgers, Lean ground beef is flavored with onion, garlic, seasonings, Worcestershire and a touch of marinara, then topped with Gorgonzola cheese (a mild Italian blue cheese) Crispy French Onions and served on toasted mini buns, I usually pair it with a salad but we were eating on a roof so I wanted to keep it fairly easy…instead sliced watermelon was the perfect added side! 

For more DATE NIGHT Ideas Go Here :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Aah. Nothing is more romantic than spending the night on the rooftop, with you and your special someone gazing at the stars and just exchanging each other’s thoughts. I bet you and your partner totally had a memorable night, huh?

Otis  Kunkle

Linda Wise said...

A rooftop date sounds cool! Hmm… I prefer if it to be at night when everything is peaceful, very relaxing, and just so perfect! You don’t have to spend much to make your date special, a little effort of setting up the ambiance is already enough to make the magic happen.

-Linda Wise

Sarah with an h said...

It was pretty romantic! We will definitely be doing it again :)

Sarah with an h said...

Thanks Linda :) I think we timed it perfect...the sun was going down after dinner and by the time we settled down it was all star gazing! <3 such a fun (free) date! :)

Lino Kosters said...

I know how special it is to spend a romantic night with your special someone on the rooftop! I’m not very familiar with the constellations, that’s why whenever we’re up on the roof, we just wait for a shooting star! We even tried counting the stars! I really miss those times.

Sarah with an h said...

I hear ya...I was pretty clueless when it came to the constellations too ;) I was able to find the Big Dipper and that's about it haha! Was hoping for a shooting star but we didn't see one, hopefully next time :)

Lisa Matthew said...

Admiral Custom Roofing is Jackson Tennessee’s premier roofer providing roof repair, new roof installation and skylight repair and replacement services for residential and commercial clients in Jackson and surrounding areas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...