Friday, December 2, 2011

Geocaching

Ralph & I LOVE Geocaching "date day"!!! Please tell me you all know what this is!! For those of you who don’t a quick briefing Geocaching is an outdoor sporting activity in which the participants use a Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver or mobile device  and other navigational techniques to hide and seek containers, called "geocaches" or "caches", anywhere in the world.

A typical cache is a small waterproof container containing a logbook where the geocacher enters the date they found it and signs it with their established code name. Larger containers such as plastic storage containers (Tupperware or similar) or ammunition boxes can also contain items for trading, usually toys or trinkets of little value. Geocaching is often described as a "game of high-tech hide and seek", sharing many aspects with benchmarking, trig pointing, orienteering treasure-hunting & letterboxing.

I can guarantee there is probably one within a mile or two where you live, Go HERE and type in your zip code and see what pops up. Try one and you will be hooked!! If your still a bit confused watch this video...
 Yes I know Wicked GEEKY!! But we Love it. It’s so refreshing to get outdoors with our Dogs and go on an adventure, who doesn’t like an adult version of high tech Hide and go Seek?!? Here are some Pictures from last week’s adventure Geocaching!





Geocaching+Starbucks+Ralph= LOVE!!

If that isn't nerdy enough for you just check out the youtube Video below. It’s called “Alone in the Wilderness” about a 51 year old guy that left everything to see if he could live alone in the woods. He brought a backpack and a video camera with a tripod, that’s it! He built a log home and survived on the land. I don’t know how or why we started watching this, One day during a random clicking night of nothing on we found it on PBS channel 2 I think. Well we watched it about 300 times, we would fall asleep to it, I have no idea why we like it so much but we do, maybe it’s the peacefulness of nothing around, it also plays nature music and it’s amazing to see how he does everything! Hmmm Maybe we will watch it tonight. G'Night & Ralphie...I was enchanted to meet you ;) I Love You.

You can follow up on my new posts, DIY Projects and Date Night ideas by clicking Subscribe to your left on my Blog. You can also Follow me on PINTEREST, that's where you can usually find me and I'd love to see you there!
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...