Saturday, December 17, 2011

Yankee Swap

Jaylin’s 1st Annual Girl’s Christmas “Yankee Swap” 


So you are all probably wondering, what is a Yankee Swap??? So here is a quick briefing….

In Yankee Swap each participant brings a wrapped, unmarked gift and places it in a designated area. Guests are given numbers as they arrive, or their names are randomly drawn, and they select and unwrap gifts from the pile in that order — with a twist.

The person who receives the number 1 will pick a gift from the pile and open it for all to see. During the selection of a wrapped gift, the participant may visually inspect the gifts, pick them up and/or gently shake them. 

The person who receives number 2 then chooses a gift and opens it, and then must decide whether to keep it or swap it for the first player’s gift. Each person in order then gets to select a present, open it and decide whether to keep it or swap it for any other gift someone has already opened.
Opening of gifts and swapping takes place until all the presents have been chosen. Finally, the person who picked first gets to choose from all the gifts or keep what she has already received. In the end, the gift you are holding is the gift you take home.

It was quit eventful as the Hit gift was Sue Star’s “Betsey Johnson” Purse stuffed with Make-up, after lots of threats of high heels to the eye it went from girl to girl to girl and then finally went to the one who picked the #1, MARA!! I picked number ten and knew with 13 girls participating in this part of the night I would lose the bag and decided to go with one I wanted as the others swapped for the bag. For me an “At Home Spa Kit” because you all know I like  LOVE to pamper myself!

So who claimed what…..
Sarah- At home Spa Kit Amy: “Pink” Drink book   Jen: Yankee Candle  Jaylin: Frames Kara: Gift card Mara: Betsey Johnson Bag Sonia: Basket of salon product Sue: bangels/Towel holder Debbie: Travel mugs Amanda: Bracelet Shelli:Scarf Kailyin:Victoria secret Lotions Neiliz:Notebook/Chocolate Ashley: Frames (I think) 


Ashley was not Happy as she just lost her Bettyville bag....This spa kit was taken 1 minute later by me :o)

The excitement after realizing there was more to the Plunger gift!!

Sonia was excited for her Basket of Product ;)


It was a great night full of friends, Laughs and Food. Oh and did I mention that I originally unwrapped a Toilet Plunger!!!!! *But it was the “gag” gift as my real gifts came out after which were cute frames, that I did eventually swap for my spa package that comes with Super cute Leopard Slippers, Coconut Mango Body Cream, and Cooling Treatment Mask, all packed in a reusable storage bag. Pampering Post coming soon, stay tuned Jaylin ;)
 Unfortunately I had to bail out early as that was my 2nd stop of the evening, my final destination ….. Throwing on my hideously Ugly Sweater and spent the rest of the night Jammin’ out to Jingle Bell Rock! 
Can you find the Elf??

For a good Laugh check out  A Day on the Lake or click Here for an Easy recipe to bring to your next Holiday Party!!  
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...