Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Heartache

 Heartache.
                 Loss.
                          Anger, anger towards a beast of a disease that has no mercy… 

I have been a whirlwind of emotions these past few days as I sat on the phone with my best friend while she had to watch her father in law slowly pass away to cancer.  As a wife of 28 years had to say goodbye to the love of her life and as two sons said goodbye to their father. As a family that had to let go of their future with a man who wasn’t ready to go….
Edwin “Eddy” Pavao, 50 passed away Monday, January 16, 2012 surrounded by his loving Family. 

I’ll never forget the look on Kevin’s fathers face when he watched his son marry his soul mate or as he wiped away the tears during his speech at the rehearsal dinner as he spoke of how proud he was of his son and his accomplishments. I watched as he looked upon his other Son Chris blow out his birthday candles that very same night and the tears were brimming on the surface yet again, it was a father who watched his grown boys taking on new journeys in their lives and he was there, there to laugh, hug and to savor every moment with his family, time that cancer had not yet stolen. 
Moments captured in time…. Love caught forever in a frame and in their hearts. 

My faith gets shaken as I want to scream… DON’T DO THIS TO NORMA, don’t take her husband. My heart aches as I say the words as I know God had a bigger plan. 

The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. 

Psalm 34:18




 Eddy was an avid sports fan and collector of sports memorabilia, he coached in the Federal Little League, PAL Hockey, and Diman Summer Hockey League.


Tonight although broken I will rejoice; rejoice for the life Eddy lived, he is safe in HIS arms. No more pain. No more Suffering. He is with the arms that hold the heavens.


We rejoice in our sufferings, 
knowing that suffering produces endurance, 
and endurance produces character, 
and character produces hope

Romans 5:3-4
 Forever in our Hearts  
^play.     

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...