Monday, October 24, 2011

Doggie Cookies

You know the exciting and warm feeling you get when your house is filled with the aroma of  homemade chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven…I do,  It brings me back to my childhood when I would bake cookies with my mom. I always wondered if my Pups were missing out and I wanted them to experience that same feeling…Who says dogs don’t deserve a little spoiling too! 

I bake these cookies for my dogs every so often and they Love them!!! You can also personalize them with their name if you want to get fancy. Take the left overs and put them in a Tupperware and they are set for a few weeks! Or if you have neighbors with dogs put them in a carton and tie a ribbon on them and have you and your dog walk over a special treat for your doggie friends!! 

Dog Bone Cookie Cutters can be found at AcMoore ( I practically live there, my Favorite Store!!) 

Ingredients
Makes about 5 dozen
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup brewer's yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup low-sodium canned chicken stock, plus more for brushing
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, wheat germ, yeast, and salt; set aside
2. Place oil in a large bowl. Add stock and flour mixture in three alternating batches, beginning and ending with stock. Mix well.
3. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to about 3/8-inch thick. Shape biscuits using a dog-bone-shaped cookie cutter or by cutting around a store-bought dog bone with a butter knife.(Make biscuits that are appropriate for your dog's size.)
4. If desired, you can spell out your dog's name or a holiday message in the dough with a toothpick (wet the toothpick first so it won't stick).
5. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
6. Bake biscuits 10 minutes. Brush with stock; rotate baking sheets, and bake 10 minutes more. Turn off oven, leaving door closed. Let dog biscuits stand in oven to dry completely, about 1 1/2 hours.

 Did Someone Say Cookie?!?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...