Saturday, October 29, 2011

Our Home

Turn your Home into a Cozy Oasis… As I sit in my house with the First “Snow Storm” of the Season (Yes in OCTOBER, but that’s New England for ya) and a Sick Ralph I realized how much I enjoy our Home during these Cozy Nights, even if Ralph is sleeping in the Chair. I look out the window and I see the snow falling over the lake, the news is on the tv playing softly in the background, and I can hear the wind making the trees rustle loudly.  Our house is filled with rich colors that really showcase the beauty of the season. We always have Candles going, I like to do smells of the season, I am now burning a pumpkin butter-cream and a Macintosh Yankee Candle amongst other Tea lights (unscented) too many scents can ruin the feel. There are soft layers (blankets) available on the chairs and sofas in the house making it feel cozy, I always feel calm and comforted when I can curl up with a super soft blanket! I also never buy lamps or bulbs that have high light volume; I love low lighting…So Romantic. Another thing you will always find in our home is “Nature” I always bring the nature inside, we have fall leaves inside decorative bowls and I try to keep fresh flowers in the house. 
 We were supposed to be at a wedding Today but around 10AM as I headed out to get a spa pedicure and a manicure I looked at Ralph and realized that there may be a chance that we weren't going to go.... At that I threw a Beef Stew in the Crock Pot and let it cook all day.... After a Little pampering and some hair/makeup I came home to find Ralph still sick and feverish and oh so Thankful that I had made that beef stew and it couldn't have been a better night to do it, freezing temperatures, snow and violent winds.....
                                                                                             ~Sarah with an H

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...