Friday, May 17, 2013

Mother/Daughter Sleepover

      MOTHER'S & DAUGHTER'S

               My step father is having a few of his college buddies fly in and stay at my parents’ house…Which means my mom is SLEEPING OVER MY HOUSE! I’m so excited for this…I could barely sleep last night. Yes I’m a big adult baby when it comes to my mom, she is my best friend and we are constantly together but since being a “Grown Up” I have not had my mom to tuck me in or wake me up singing “You are my Sunshine”  since I was about 19. So this 20 something woman is jumping up and down like a 5 year old. I have our night mapped out from movies, games to baking Mother/Daughter Loaded Blonde Brownies!!

 The spare bedroom is all set up, I just want to stop and pick up fresh flowers on my way home. I love having weekend guest but ESPECIALLY my mommy!! Ralph laughs at my excitement as she is always over anyway but it’s different this weekend. This weekend she gets to put socks on my feet just before I fall asleep, make sure that I don’t fall asleep with any necklaces or bracelets on, as necklaces can strangle you while you sleep and bracelets can cut off your circulation ;) I love all these little quirky things she does and I can’t wait to be spoiled rotten while she sleeps over! I know I will be waking up to a huge breakfast with freshly squeezed orange juice and a clean house, she’s just that good! Hope you all enjoy your weekend. IT’S FRIDAY!!!!!!! 


If you all want the recipe for Mother/Daughter Blondie Brownie’s here it is…. YUM!! 



Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients
  • 2 c. brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 c. butter
  • 2 c. flour
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 c. peanut butter eggs, chopped
  • 1/2 c. chocolate chips
  • 1/2 c. peanuts, chopped
  • 1/4 c. caramel ice cream topping
  • 1/4 c. hot fudge ice cream topping
Instructions
Stir together dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Cream butter and sugar until creamy and light. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Slowly add the dry ingredients while mixing on low. Stir in the chocolate chips, peanuts, and peanut butter eggs by hand.

Spread the batter in a greased 9X13 pan. Drizzle with the caramel and hot fudge topping. Gently swirl into the batter with a knife. Bake at 350* for 30 minutes. Set on a wire rack until cooled completely. Cut into squares. Serve with ice cream and more hot fudge if desired.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...