Sunday, June 16, 2013

Bumpdate: 20 Weeks



           I am 20 weeks and 2 days today!! I took pictures but my camera is downstairs (yes I’m that lazy!) but I promise to add them tomorrow! It has been a VERY exciting week as you will read in “best moment of the week and milestones” by far the best was feeling Baby Girl So kick!! Father’s day was today and I definitely let Ralph relish in his day (even though Sophia is not here yet) he is such an unbelievable man; it blows my mind at times. I know he is going to be an incredible dad! I started the morning off with vanilla pancakes, sausage, OJ for me & Starbucks coffee for him. It was a Beautiful day in the neighborhood (yes I just sang that as I wrote it, in my Mr. Rogers voice.) Ralph did some daddy duties and finished up a few things in Sophia’s room and mowed the lawn. I made him one of his favorite dishes, which is a pulled chicken in the crock-pot and we stopped at my parents’ house for a while. 

You have to try "Pulled BBQ Chicken" by far the easiest thing I cook! A friend gave me this recipe........................................................................



Ingredients:
6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (12 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions
Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.
Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.

         I have been feeling really good, actually AMAZING throughout this whole pregnancy. **Someone knock on wood, because it doesn’t feel like it should be this easy! I did develop a “pregnancy symptom” or so my book says. Diagnosis {Heartburn} I think it was from a batch of stuffed shells I made using a new recipe for a homemade sauce. I have never had heartburn before so I had no clue what it was…Dr.Ralph diagnosed me and then I read in one of my many baby books that this is common in the second and even third trimester. With that said, Ralph aka DaddyRal/Superstar was out the door to get me tums. Did I mention that I’m obsessively in LOVE with this man!?! After I popped two  really SIX I felt much better, although it seems to come and go throughout the day.

       I can’t believe how fast the time is flying by…She will be here before we know it, and right before the HOLIDAYS! I can’t even take that this coming November will be her first Thanksgiving…what’s even more crazy is if she is born a day early it will be her first Halloween! And yes I will buy her a costume just in case.


How big is baby? The size of a Banana


How far along: 20 weeks and 2 days (The weekend was crazy so I didn’t get a chance to post on Friday)

Feeling: Fabulous


Maternity Clothes I’m sure I could but haven’t yet, I’m mostly in Sundresses. The Joys of being pregnant during the Summer…Super Easy to Dress!  

Sleep: My sleep is back on track, I do sleep longer than normal. I guess we are getting on a “Kid” schedule because Ralph and I are both in bed by 8!  


Best moment of the week? I had lots of Best Moments this week, we had the carpets installed upstairs, “Vanilla Bean” which is the prettiest color. The Nursery is painted “Refreshing Pool.” Little Sophia’s Nursery is really coming together, my lovie built her crib and we also had her furniture delivered. {{Did I mention this ALL happened on Saturday!}}

Movement: YES!!! I posted on Friday last week and had still felt nothing then Saturday morning she kicked for the FIRST time, twice! I was overjoyed, so many emotions running through me…I eagerly awaited the entire day for more movement and nothing happened. In fact she didn’t move again until Sunday night…I was on the phone with my mom and I felt her kick…I rushed my mom off the phone and said Ralph quick, he instantly knew what I meant and placed his warm hand on my belly, we waited less than a minute and she kicked again, and two more times after that. It was so Magical and seeing the look on Ralph's face as he felt his baby girl for the first time was priceless, I can’t even put into words. In awe that we will soon have our own daughter, a family. 


 Food cravings: French Toast Sticks…I don’t know if I would call it a “craving” but I have been loving them lately and had them three times this week!  

Food aversions: Not much right now...


Belly button in or out? In! 


What I miss:
Raw Brownie batter…I baked Ralph some Brownie’s tonight for “Father’s” Day and I was bummed I could lick the spoon!

What I'm looking forward to: Putting the finishing touches on Baby Girls Room

 
Milestones: Getting a bunch of stuff done off my “checklist” of things to do before the Baby arrives!


I also Joined Top Baby Blogs!! It’s only been about a week and I’m almost in the top 50 which blows my mind!! THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HAVE VOTED!!! You can vote everyday so if you're feeling Super Awesome you can VOTE by clicking the button below and clicking the first Owl. I swear it’s that easy and takes 2 seconds. I would so appreciate it :) 


Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...